Friday, August 28, 2009

Egg-White Crêpes



If you’re making the white chocolate and fresh ginger ice cream, you’ll be left over with 5 egg whites. Let me tell you how I used mine.

I adapted this recipe and made crêpes for breakfast. They turned out a little thicker than crêpes, really, I couldn’t roll them up like I normally do. They’re close to pancakes, but not quite. And the main ingredients are egg whites and whole wheat flour, so that’s pretty healthy. I topped them with fruits (mixed with a splash of lemon juice and a little honey). Delicious!

1 cup whole wheat flour
5 egg whites
1 cup skim milk
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp canola oil

In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients until smooth.

Put a little oil in a skillet and heat on medium heat. Pour a bit of the mixture in the pan and swirl it around to spread it evenly. Cook until the edges start to turn brown and there are some bubbles on top, about 2 minutes. Flip the crêpe and cook another minute or two.



Serve hot, with fruits and maple syrup.

No comments: