Tuesday, January 17, 2012

30-Minute Rolls

I found this recipe on The Littlest Crafter: these rolls are not only super quick to make, they are also absolutely delicious! The Engineer had more than one, saying that they deserved an encore. I’ll be sure to keep this recipe on hand next time I want rolls! The quick rising time also came in very handy because the night I made them, I had actually forgotten about them until about an hour before dinner, and I still had plenty of time. I served them warm, with coconut red lentil soup.

1 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 Tbsp yeast (I believe I used active dry yeast)
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 egg
3 ½ cups flour (I used white flour here)

Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Grease a 9”x13” pan and set aside.

In the bowl of your mixer, combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.

Using the dough hook attachment, mix in the salt, egg and flour. Knead with the hook until well incorporated and the dough is soft and smooth (just a few minutes).

Form dough into 12 balls and place them in the greased pan. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!


No comments: